As we move into the final quarter of 2018, its seems like a lot has happened this year but the story hasn’t really changed. 2017 was the year of calm and steady markets, and 2018 has been like roller-skating on a cobblestone road.
Trade policy and tariffs have been a source of volatility and, while some progress is being made, the issue is far from gone.
Economic strength continues and we’re now in the longest bull market in history. People worry about when this run will end, but bull markets don’t just die of old age.
The Federal Reserve continues to raise rates. Could this be one of the triggers that sends us backwards?
Mid-term elections and political battles create extra layer of uncertainty.
Despite all of this, the U.S. economy remains strong and most economists we hear from don’t predict any recession in the near term.
As an investor, your job (and ours) is not to predict the future but to prepare for it.
Staying balanced, practicing good disciplines, and avoiding emotional decisions can help you make it through to the other side.
For more on what’s going on the markets, check the Market Commentary section below.
Updates to Medicare Cost Plans
- Plan information is now available. The enrollment period for new plans is from October 15 through December 7.
- Some companies are aggressively soliciting new business based on these changes. Be cautious if you hear from someone claiming to be your representative or claiming that you are required to make changes to your current coverage. Don’t just take them at their word. You may or may not actually need to update your coverage.
- If you are curious if you have a Cost plan, if you need to make any changes, or just want to explore your health insurance options, we would be happy to connect you with professionals that we trust to help you make a good decision.
- Cost of Health Care in Retirement – St. Louis Park
Wednesday, October 17 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Crave, 1603 West End Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
(only a couple seats left!)
- Fall Appreciation Dinner – Elk River Office
Thursday, October 18 @ 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
The Links at Northfork
9333 Alpine Drive NW
Ramsey, MN 55303
- Watching for the next downturn?
- Interest Rates, The Fed and the Yield Curve
Signature Wealth Management in the News
Signature Wealth is pleased to provide our expert perspective on the markets and investing with the national media. Our own Mohammad Vedadi shared his perspective on the economy and job market with Jessica Menton of The Wall Street Journal last week.The following is just some of the commentary Mohammad shared: “If unemployment is low, it means more people are working. And if more people are working, they’re continuing to spend their money. So that will continue to fuel this economy.”
Read the full article here: https://bit.ly/2BWDz9I