A good start, but what’s next?
What a difference a few months makes. In our last newsletter we counseled patience and to stick with sound investing disciplines at a time when the market was going through quite a shake-up. Here we are three months later, and the market has made a very nice recovery from the lows at the end of 2018.
We didn’t know exactly when things would turn around. In fact, when we sent our last newsletter we were already past the low point and the market had begun its recovery.
But at the time, it was impossible to know that for sure. This is part of why market timing is not an effective strategy. It’s easy to look at a historical chart and say “Of course! Why didn’t we get out here, or get in there?”.
Which brings us to today. What happens next? No one knows for sure. The US economy is strong and that gives us some confidence but there are always risks and unforeseen events. What do you do with that? Talk with your advisor and practice your disciplines. Focus on the things you can control, and on making smart decisions.
The Season of Appreciation
The Spring is our annual client appreciation season. Across all of our
- Duluth – April 22 – A Night at the Museum (RSVP HERE)
- Stop in at the Lake Superior Railroad Museum in Duluth, which was rated the Best Transportation Museum in the US by USA Today. We’ll have apps and drinks and fun for the whole family.
- St. Louis Park – May 2 – Your Health Is Your Wealth (RSVP HERE)
- Join us for dinner and our featured guest, national health expert Chris Freytag. Chris will be sharing tips on managing your health and stress levels so that can be happier and healthier.
- Elk River – May 9 – Taxes in Retirement (RSVP HERE)
- Signature Wealth Management CEO Tom Endersbe, CFP® will be sharing tips about taxes in retirement. Join us for dinner and great tips about to handle the new tax laws and how they may impact your retirement income.
LAST CHANCE FOR 2018 IRA CONTRIBUTIONS
A quick reminder that you can make 2018 IRA contributions up until the April tax filing deadline next week. If you would still like to make a 2018 contribution please contact your advisor ASAP!